One of my favorite things to do on this show is share parts of me. Some of my passions, struggles, fears, victories, there are just a few of the things I share.
I thought of the title of this episode after I had my last surgery. The plan was for it to be a story from that time of surgery until the time I completed my another full distance Iron Man triathlon following surgery. Things did not go as plans. While I was able to do a race, it was far from a full distance. Life does not always go as plan but I try to have joy in the journey.
So I’m going to tell you about my journey from injury, to my surgery, to a few other injuries to my first race post surgery.
If you have every had an injury, surgery, or a setback, you’ll feel encouraged by this episode.
- Injuring my left knee while ski racing
- Knee surgery: How I prepped for surgery and the recovery period
- Physical therapy and recovering
- How I got another injury after my knee got better
- Other associated injuries sustained during my recovery period
- What being a patient has taught me
- Why empathy matters to me as a physician
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please subscribe and leave a review. If you have questions, comments, or possible show topics, email email@example.com.
To subscribe and review use one links of the links below
Get a copy of the book Running Is Cheaper Than Therapy: A Journey Back to Wholeness 👉🏾 here. It is available in hardback, paperback, and newly released audio form
Connect with Dr. Ouida Brown
Sign up for my newsletter http://bit.ly/OuilifeOuiloveNewsletter