Not everyone runs to lose weight. Sandra Mikulic is a plus-size runner, mom of 4 who started running at the age of 43.
She has used running to better her mental health and physical health. She believes that running is for everyone and no one should be held back by societal limitations on body size and weight.
She shares how she has overcome depression and anxiety through running, raising her 4 kids, the podcasts and books that have changed her life and why she runs 5k every single day.
If you have failed and tried again, this episode will encourage you!
- How her childhood traumas affected her as an adult
- What inspired her to start running at 43
- Documenting her journey on Instagram
- Why she started running 5km a day in 2019 to date
- How running changed her neuroplasticity and helped her heal a lot of trauma anxiety.
- Her podcast and book recommendations
- Her favorite race and participating in Olympic distance triathlon
- The dangers of social media to women and the younger generation
- Her life-long commitment to love herself truly
Sandra Mikulic is a self-proclaimed athlete of 250 pounds who is a Runner, triathlete and ultra runner. In March 2018 at the age of 43, she started running and that’s where her story of self-transcendence begins. On January 1, 2019, she started the challenge of doing 5kms every day. It has changed her neuroplasticity and healed a lot of trauma and anxiety. It has changed her life. She has finished 3 marathons, 20 half marathons, one 50 km race and a triathlon in 3 years. She embodies an active life now and empowers people that size does not matter!
Connect with Sandra Mikulic
Follow her on Instagram
Visit her website
Read her magazine here
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please subscribe and leave a review. If you have questions, comments, or possible show topics, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe and review use one links of the links below
Get a copy of the book Running Is Cheaper Than Therapy: A Journey Back to Wholeness 👉🏾 here. It is available in hardback, paperback, and newly released audio form
Connect with Dr. Ouida Brown
Sign up for my newsletter http://bit.ly/OuilifeOuiloveNewsletter