Are the vaccines that will be released to the public safe? Have they been tested with diversity in mind? In order to make the best decisions for your health, it’s best to know and understand the process of how drugs and vaccines are developed.
In this episode, I bring in Dr. Marquita Qualls– a chemist with a background in drug development. Dr. Qualls professional career began at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world. During nearly a decade at GSK, she held roles of increased global responsibility spanning drug development, technology evaluation, program management, strategy, and people development.
Hopefully, this episode will help you make better-informed decisions regarding COVID, and the vaccines during these times of uncertainty.
- About Dr. Marquita Qualls
- How she got her degree and how long it took
- Dr Q’s obstacles in getting her PhD as the only black woman and how she dealt with it
- Her experience with GlaxoSmithKline
- The process of drug development
- Inclusivity and diversity in clinical trials
- Covid from those in the perspective of one in the pharmaceutical industry
- Her shifting careers and gaining an entrepreneurial mindset
- Going for your dreams
About our Guest:
Dr. Marquita M. Qualls has over 20 years of leadership experience in consulting, coaching, and motivating people who want to produce order out of their chaos. Though a scientist by training, she commands a masterful understanding of the interpersonal skills needed to thrive in today’s fast-paced and competitive business environment. Marquita made history by becoming the first female African-American to receive her Ph.D in chemistry from Purdue University.
Connect with Dr. Marquita Qualls:
- Entropia Consulting
- Dr. Marquita Qualls on Twitter
- Dr. Marquita Qualls on LinkedIn
- Dr. Marquita Qualls on Facebook
- Dr. Marquita Qualls on Instagram
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please subscribe and leave a review. If you have questions, comments, or possible show topics, email email@example.com.
To subscribe and review use one links of links below
Get a copy of the book Running Is Cheaper Than Therapy: A Journey Back to Wholeness 👉🏾 here. It is available in hardback, paperback, and newly released audio form
Connect with Dr. Ouida Brown